Here’s a recap of new systems implemented, the upcoming calendar, and a breakdown of next week’s programming.
There has been some confusion and frustration shared by many coaches and members for a lack of communication from the managers and myself–and I take responsibility for this. As a result, here’s what we’re going to implement:
1. Announcement whiteboards will be mounted (if they aren’t already) next to the TV’s in front of every gym. These whiteboards will be have two sections: “Announcements” on the left-side and “Bright Spots” on the right-side.
2. The manager’s responsibility every Saturday morning is to do two things:
- First, take a picture of the “Bright Spots” section and then post it to the private “RxFIT Family” facebook group with a caption (i.e. “South Jordan’s Bright Spots!”).
- Next, erase all of the Bright Spots on the board.
- And then, update the “Announcements” board with the calendar of events listed below.
If, the manager forgets to do this on Saturday morning, please take the initiative by doing this yourself.
3. Every class will start and end at the whiteboard.
- The beginning of class will be a 90-second or less reminder of the upcoming community events. Please do not let this go longer than 90-seconds. If someone asks a question and you begin to creep up to that 90-second mark, get everyone started on the warm-up and then answer the question. I can’t stress this enough.
- The end of class will finish at the whiteboard with a cool-down. Before everyone leaves, go around in a circle and ask what every athlete’s “Bright Spot” was. This can be unrelated to the workout or the gym. Write up their answers on the board.
First, Ryan Peterson (our Physical Therapist out of the South Jordan location) is hosting two different “Lift and Learn” seminars (FREE) for all RxFIT members. They will be
- Today, May 14th at 7:00 a.m. @ South Jordan.
- Tuesday, May 17th at 6:30 p.m. @ Orem.
- Saturday, May 21: Utah Super Meet (Competition for max snatch, c&j, back squat, bench press, and deadlift)
- Saturday, May 28: Murph in Springville (7:30/8:30/9:30 a.m.).
- Monday, May 30: Murph in South Jordan (8:00/9:15 a.m.) and Holladay (7:00/8:30 a.m.)
- Friday, June 10: Metcon Mania (Competition for the gymnastic and cardio junkies. Workouts will not include any barbells, kettlebells, dumbbells, or medicine balls)
Here today and the rest of the week’s programming explained: