First of all, what is Gainsgiving?
Gainsgiving is an individual strength competition. The competition will be on November 21. This will be a test of strength, stamina, accuracy, speed, and power. The events will include Clean & Jerk, Snatch, Back Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press and it is being directed by my friend and awesome human Coach Mig.
I am not naturally the strongest athlete around…. so why a strength competition? Here are my reasons why:
- It is an event hosted at my home gym surrounded by athletes that are my friends.
- I have been working really hard to get stronger. An event like this will allow me to showcase to MYSELF that my hard work is paying off.
- I am scared to compete. I have an anxiety around things that involve performing in front of other people. I have made some commitments to myself and my friends that involve me getting out of my comfort zone… so HERE I AM
My invitation to you today is to find something you can do with the 3 criteria I used to make the decision to participate in Gainsgiving.
- Fun and surrounded by people that support me.
- Something that allows you to show yourself that your work and dedication is paying off.
- Something that is outside of your comfort zone.
What you choose to do may not be a strength competition…. maybe it’s applying for that job you really want. Maybe you are actually going to sing at the karaoke and not just watch….
Whatever it is- decide TODAY that you are going to show up.
Do it for you, and do it for the people watching. You never know who you will inspire.